I really don't like repeating work. As a result it was super easy for me to get distracted world building for a playtest of that system I made (it's currently called Skill Monkey because the way I designed it, eventually long running characters will probably have a very long list of Skills).
I am going to do the down in two systems and I am most likely going to regret it. The big downy feathers (which aren't called that but I can't remember what they're called) were finished not long ago, they are topside and underside but they look pretty much the same.
The render actually isn't terrible at a distance.
Different story up close x_x I need to fiddle with the strand thickness and number.
I think I've finished the first light and shadow layers for the Eladrin.
It went pretty quick, I don't know how long it actually took as while Toolsday is the day for it, there was a bit going on.
I was talking to Sprat about having difficulty with feathers (because I'm trying to do Zara's head feathers better) and that I didn't have a feather generator. Then it occurred to me to see if one existed and apparently one does.
This week has been thoroughly boring as far as progress goes. Even the progress I made on roleplaying notes felt pretty meh.
The uv maps were so horribly borked that I decided I was just going to bite it and redo the sculpt (which is a comparatively easy thing to do).
While I was there I noted that some fixes which I thought I'd done with the base model hadn't actually been done, so decided I would actually do all the fixes on the base model that I was supposed to do, including applying basic textures, which is another thing I thought I'd already done.