image link to hive image link to ko-fi

March ProgBlog #3

posted on: Saturday, 24 March 2018 @ 7:07pm in

Last week was working on pants and boots (and getting to use some fabric normals and a leather material some kind souls made available on Blendswap):

Screenshot 20180324 134447

trying to wrangle the hair into several hair ties (it was supposed to be tied with a cord but I finally got it through my thick skull that it wouldn’t stay, even when I did have long hair I didn’t do anything interesting with it, so I’m going to claim total stupidity ignorance and too much anime on my part there!):

Screenshot 20180324 134704

and finally started Cae’s psychedelic upgoats:

Screenshot 20180324 134828

which here is shown with partial blending. Thezebra stripes were giving me a bit of a headache so I decided to try incorporating the flowers I was going to garland around it into the pattern. It worked out slightly better.

Screenshot 20180324 184813

Haven’t done the tail or the other two yet. Now I need to find out if this is okay or if I should do a simpler goat pattern with a much more mildly psychedelic aura :S The purples also managed to look violently different across both my monitors (my primary screen has it more towards the red and the Cintiq has it more towards the blue, the actual colour I picked was the purple part of the colour wheel smack bang in between both).