Skip to main content

Changing the world to be ours

Posted on: Monday, 8 April 2019 @ 8:10am
Project
Rewrite the Stars songpic

No story for this one as it would never happen because Jinn would never willingly do something so dangerous XD  (I do have a scene where he has to dive after Zara when she jumps off a building to escape from Red, but that was out of necessity)

The idea for this came about after listening to the song "Rewrite the Stars" from The Greatest Showman:

 

I actually wanted to animate it and ironically probably could have animated it in the ridiculous amount of time it took me to do the comicky layout and all the associatedwork...IF I'd had the models ready to go which I don't yet and that's what I'm going to be getting stuck back into.  Also need to fix up some stuff with the base models (mostly the shape of the hands and shorten slightly-too-long legs) and do the texture tests I want to do aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And the transitioning perspective was nightmare.  Hopefully scrolling down and only seeing it in sections will spare you my headache XD

That green light was pretty hard work too, I'm still trying to decide if it's too much.  I ended up just having to finish as while this resized version is a nice size the working canvas was something like 5000x30000 and apparently over 100 layers (I'm pretty sure I deleted a few and the index keeps incrementing so the number is not that accurate an indicator of how many) was a struggle and it got to a point where the rig was crashing constantly.

I'm currently trying to save up for new computer parts and attempting to use Ko-fi as a booster for that.  Started out with a mechanical keyboard (because it was achievable in the grand scheme), to stop the crashes though I'll probably need either new ram or a new cpu.  I went to see how much 64Gb kits were worth and yeh replacing ram with that (currently have a 32Gb kit) and cpu is going to cost a bit :S hopefully I'll get there before whatever is causing the problem dies completely!

Other fun problem, I still haven't worked out how to get Krita to export a nice jpg so I'm still exporting a png and then exporting as a jpg in Gimp.  And still getting artefacts >_< Sigh.

No comments yet

Add new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.