Adoptables and Breedables as NFTs
This is a high level outline for a website/system/something to be built on hive utilising nfts and targeting adoptable/breedable artists. Adoptables seem to be a great use-case for NFTs as they're supposed to be unique and assigned to one owner at any one time and can just slot into the existing nft system hive currently has. This idea extends that to firstly specifically target artists who may only be interested in an art-centric community and secondly to simplify and possibly add a bit of chaotic randomness to the "breedable" system, which as far as I can tell is currently done at each artist's discretion. I'm throwing it "out there" and hoping someone much smarter than me will be interested enough to pick it up and run with it.
It's been written with the assumption that the reader knows more about NFT and hive (and blockchains in general) than I do.
February ProgBlog #2: circliar
The title is a cute mispronunciation youngest used to say for that word group when he was a toddler (circliar, triangliar, particliar...).
Circular is closer to where I'm getting.
I'm really glad about this as for a moment I thought that I wasn't going to be able to fit everything into a circle.
Even if the middle bit (the rectangle where the crosshair looking 3d cursor is) is 40min long x_x
It is kind of 2-4 houses smooshed together.
And those Fliers take up ridiculous amounts of room. As I keep saying. Because even I can't believe just how much space they take up.
February ProgBlog #1: moving at glacial speed
I managed to draw up a rough schedule to try and fit everything in, and am fully prepared to shuffle stuff around. At the moment hive and Duolingo are my biggest time sinks, going well over the hour each I've allotted them; hive because it's hive and there's a bit going on plus I'm supposed to be moderating a couple of communities and I'm doing a terrible job even looking at them never mind anything else, Duolingo because I was finding it easy so I gave myself a challenge of getting to the next level each time instead of just doing one stack, and then got a thing where it wanted me to use the keyboard instead of the word bank, and I found out the hard way that I've been sight reading Chinese and Japanese and haven't actually associated many sounds with characters.
January Homeschool Miscellany
One of the good things about The Big Reset (although the kids don't really feel it at the time) is the slow and very limited internet (my parents actually have a quota as they don't use nearly as much internet as we do or more specifically as the kids do), which means they tend to spend slightly less time on their devices. The boys actually spent a few nights playing chess against each other and JJ, and Sprat taught them how to play a game with a Chinese name somewhat similar to Poker (the similarity that I could pick up being that you had similar collections of cards you could use).
January ProgBlog #3: glassy
The plane managed to land (rather heavily by the sound of things) despite the dubious weather on Christmas Island, and we made it back in the appropriate number of pieces just in time for what sounds like a proper lockdown, it seems.
Seriously though why do people insist on hoarding toilet paper.
Well, one week extra planning I guess, and I have to reschedule two appointments. The extra planning time will be helpful as I will probably need to actually have a work schedule again so I can learn the nonsense I need to figure out this hive front end silliness.
January ProgBlog #2: building bigger
As soon as Protective 3 had gone into cooldown, I started work on Acaedia, using Red and Zip to help with sizing.
The Flyers (especially Dragonkin!) take up a lot of space and need a lot of space.
I'm starting with the Royals' apartment which is in the central tower. Each of the squares is 10x10m, the walls are 5m high.
The result of Sprat nagging me to draw. Red and Zip weren't always this friendly.
I kind of matched the image she finished while I was starting, and she also suggested I match with my previous Protective, so I did that too by doing a full body shot, otherwise my composition would have ended up more like
which is a "slight" difference from Sprat's composition as her characters are standing further apart and have a much less severe height difference.
January ProgBlog #1: super-LATE-ive somewhat new
Oof I haven't done a progblog since the beginning of December and that wasn't even a progblog, it was a noprogblog x_x
So surprise surprise, the MacBook Air struggles with the kind of work I do. I had to keep toggling the particle hair on and off in Blender because adjusting things on my big rig was making that thing complain (it's an i7 something or other with 32Gb of ram), the small rig was unusably laggy with the particles on.
I'd like to say I must have been whining about it more than I thought as Sprat nagged me to draw instead, but she is usually nagging me to draw instead.
So I drew and this is what I'm working on at the moment.
December Homeschool Miscellany
I usually don't do December and January unless interesting things happen as December is usually write-off month (too many end of year things happening for anything to be effectively planned and even if it could be planned we'd be exhausted as normally around the end of year things we just want to chill) and January is planning month (because my organisational skills are that atrocious that I need an entire month to plan).